Detox Your Thoughts
Author(s): Andrea Bonior
InDetox Your Thoughts, popular psychologist Andrea Bonior, PhD, identifies the 10 most prevalent mental traps that make people feel anxious, insecure, and generally justbad.
Clinical psychologist Andrea Bonior has spent over twenty years studying, teaching, and practicing the science of thoughts, emotions, and behavior. InDetox Your Thoughts, she uses the latest research into mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to teach you to understand your thoughts-and your body-in a completely different way.
To challenge negative self-talk, you must change the way you relate to your thoughts altogether. Bonior shows us how to create new mental pathways that truly stick. For each of the ten mental traps, Bonior offers a new habit to practice, including:
* leaning in to your feelings
* recognizing and counteracting your blind spots to gain insight
* valuing the present moment, and immersing yourself in it.
Bonior deciphers the latest research in psychology and neuroscience to help disempower and conquer self-sabotaging thoughts with specific and actionable steps. You're not erasing negative thoughts, but rather growing bigger than they are-and improving your mental and emotional life along the way.
* Dr. Andrea Bonior is a popular psychologist and contributor to BuzzFeed and the Washington Post.
* Detox Your Thoughts was inspired by her popular BuzzFeed challenge of the same name.
* Dr. Bonior's mental health advice column, "Baggage Check," has appeared for 14 years in theWashington Post and several other newspapers nationwide.
With bite-sized psychology takes on the thought patterns that plague most people and a practical approach to quitting negative self-talk for good,Detox Your Thoughts is a transformational read.
* Perfect for readers of theWashington Post's "Baggage Check" column, Goodful'sDetox Your Thoughts, Psychology Today, andThe Cut's "Science of Us."
* Also a good fit for those who love pop psychology, self-help books, and any books related to motivation or happiness.
* Fans ofAnxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World by Max Lucado,13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do by Amy Morin, andDare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks by Barry McDonagh will want this.
- : 9781452184876
- : Chronicle Books Llc
- : Chronicle Books Llc
- : 0.01
- : May 2020
- : --- length: - '1.11' width: - '1.11' units: - Inches
- : books
- : Andrea Bonior
- : Hardback
- : English
- : 256